This week we have two business books specifically aimed at managers. It’s said that the best companies are those with the best managers. The pressure put on managers to succeed is an unrelenting force making informative resources critical to progress. Former CEO and President of Verizon Wireless, Denny Strigl, and business coach, Brian Tracy, are two authors featured here that have compiled essential methods that promise to supercharge business performance in managers and their teams everywhere.
For managers, behavior is the real key to achievement. In order to stop struggling and start delivering, you need to close the gap between what you know and what you do. That’s been Denny Strigl’s method, and now it can be yours, too.
Among the most prominent architects of the wireless communications industry, the former Verizon Wireless president and CEO has had one of the most remarkable careers in modern business. In Managers, Can You Hear Me Now?, Strigl shares all the skills and techniques he used to build Verizon into one of the greatest growth companies in any industry. You’ll learn how to:
- Create a corporate culture where trust, respect, and integrity flourish — and employees and customers alike are appropriately served
- “Eliminate the fluff,” get focused, and stop wasting time on things that don’t matter
- Address issues proactively before they become problems — even employee performance issues
- Get past your “blind spots,” reinforce priorities consistently, and communicate with clarity
- Master the Four Fundamentals of Management: growing revenue, getting new customers, keeping the customers you already have, and eliminating costs
Managers, Can You Hear Me Now? includes additional suggestions for bringing the best of your energy and passion into your work, helpful anedcotes from Strigl’s career, simple self-assessment questions, and even a look at how your business day as a successful manager should play out.
Whether you’re the CEO of a large corporation or run your own small business, the lessons from Managers, Can You Hear Me Now? are sure to come through — loud and clear.
As a manager, it’s your role to achieve the highest possible return on the physical, emotional, and mental efforts your people put forth. It’s not a return on investment. . . it’s a return on energy. But how are you supposed to light a fire under each employee when studies find that most of them are working at only a fraction of their potential?
In this essential guide, Brian Tracy, the Master of Motivation, shows you how to unlock superstar performance from every single member of your work team. Based on decades of research and thousands of hours invested in maximizing personal and organizational performance, the hard and fast secrets of what you can do (and what you should stop doing) to inspire your employees to peak performance are now available. Packed with powerful, practical ideas and strategies, Full Engagement! shows you how to:
- create a high-trust work environment
- drive out the fears that hold people back
- set clear goals and objectives
- unlock the potential of each person
- motivate and inspire employees to greater heights than they ever believed themselves capable of
- trigger the “X Factor” that maximizes productivity
- recognize, reward, and reinforce their efforts in a way that energizes each and every one of your people
Your ability to channel the human energies of your staff into higher levels of productivity and performance is the yardstick by which your ability as an executive will be measured.
The great news is that now you have everything you need right in your hands. In this eye-opening book, you’ll learn how to do and say the things that will make your people feel confident, happy, and motivated. . . and allow you to deliver consistently outstanding results for your company.
In these tough economic times, everyone is expected to produce more with less. The only way to succeed is to consistently inspire your people to perform at their absolute best. Full Engagement! provides you with the keys to unlocking not just the hidden drive and abilities that exist within every one of your people. . . but also your own.